Friday, October 15, 2010

The Ultimate Cowboy Burgers

Ohmygoodness....my Hubby and I fell in LOVE with these burgers!!!! I think we made like 4 times in the month of July!!!! Seriously mouth-watering!!! They make really big burgers...and also I would almost always double the recipe so everyone in my family could have one, plus there would be a few for leftovers the next day : )



The Ultimate Cowboy Burgers
submitted by Camille
(adapted from Picky Palate)


1 1lb ground beef

2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese plus 1/2 Cup for topping burgers

4 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, toasted

4 Tablespoons mayonnaise

1 Cup shredded iceburg lettuce

8 slices tomato, 1/2 inch thick

8 baked onion rings

4 Tablespoons BBQ sauce

1. Preheat grill to medium high. In a large bowl combine the beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Form into 4 large patties and grill for 4-5 minutes each side. During the last few minutes, add additional cheddar cheese to melt. Place mayonnaise onto both sides of buns and layer lettuce, tomato, burger, onion rings then BBQ sauce on bottom rolls. Place roll on top and serve!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ohmygoodness! I now want one of those! They were super delicious! Thanks for making them when we were over this summer! :)