Monday, October 25, 2010

Taco Soup

Don't you love this time of year when you can make soups and comfort foods! The weather has been very cool this time of year for our area, but I am LOVING it!!! This recipe was seriously so easy!! And perfect for a cool Fall day!!! Enjoy!



Taco Soup
submitted by Camille
(from The Sisters Cafe)

2 cans diced tomatoes (seasoned or regular)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can green beans (we don't like green beans in this family, so I used peas instead!)
2 cans kidney beans (I used 1 can black beans and 1 can kidney)
1-2lbs ground beef or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning (I like it better with 1.5packets)

Brown the meat, adding half of the seasoning packet. Bring all other ingredients to a slow simmer in separate pot. Add the other half of the seasoning packet while simmering. Add meat. Garnish with cheese, chips, green onions, and avocado.

No comments: