Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Seriously?! When I saw this recipe over on Our Best Bites food blog, I wanted it RIGHT then soooo bad!!!! Sadly, I had to wait a few days. It was worth it. It reminded me of the DQ pumpkin pie milkshake, but I liked this one even better!!! So did my kids!!!!! I 'heart' pumpkin!!!



Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
submitted by Camille
(from Our Best Bites)

1/3 cup pumpkin, canned or homemade
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/16 tsp cloves (just use a 1/8 t measure and fill it half way, or do a pinch)
1/16 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1-2 graham crackers

Pop everything but graham crackers in a blender. Start with 1/4 cup milk and then slowly add more if needed to make the blender process it all. I used somewhere between 1/4-1/2 cups.

Here is a tip from Our Best Bites: A note about blenders: Here's the problem with making thick, diner style milkshakes at home: A lot of times you have to add so much milk to the thing to get the blender to process that it turns into a milk-slushie instead. Or you have to blend and plunge, blend and plunge, etc. You know the drill, right? So if you have any trouble with your blender, I would recommend blending everything but the ice cream first and then mashing it into the ice cream by hand (well, with a hand. Holding a fork or spoon :) If your scooped ice cream sits out at room temp while you measure the other things and get them all ready, then by the time you mash it all together it should be a good consistency.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this! My new vitamixer should make it a perfect milkshake without having to add much milk!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! This looks and sounds so good! I am totally going to be trying this very soon.