Sunday, October 4, 2009

Crockpot Green Chili Chicken and Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles

Do you know how much I LOVE my crock-pot? I L.O.V.E it sooooo much!!!! LOL!!!! Throw some stuff in there in the morning, and wha-la...by dinner time you have a delicious dinner!!! Found this yummy recipe over at Picky Palate. She has got quite a few recipes that I have yet to try!! They all look so yummy!!! Hope everyone is having great Fall weather like we are!!! I "heart" fall!! My favorite season, by far!!




Crockpot Creen Chili Chicken and Rice with Blue Chip Crumbles
submitted by Camille
(from Picky Palate)

3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
2 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup
4 0z can chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley

6 Cups steamed rice of choice
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, crumbled for garnish

1. Place chicken, soup, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt into crockpot on low. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender and falls apart easily. With 2 forks, shred chicken in the sauce and season with additional seasonings if desired. Spoon over bowls of rice then garnish with crumbled tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

From the sounds of it I wouldn't think this would be good. But if you say it is good then it must be! :) I do love Blue Corn Chips, though.I will give it a try one of these nights.