Sunday, April 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats

I just love anything with Peanut Butter and Chocolate!!! What an amazing combination...don't you think? I am not a big rice krispy treat fan, but my kids like them, and they are easy to make. So, when I saw this recipe, I had to try it!!!! It was so good!!! We took it to a church activity, and they were gobbled up!!! Which was fine with me...that way I didn't eat the whole pan!!! LOL!!!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
submitted by Camille
( adapted from Liv Life)

6 cups Rice Krispies
approx. 12 oz. mini Peanut Butter Cups (you can get the Trader Joes kind, or I got 2 bags of the Reeses brand at Wal-Mart, and added 1 1/2 bags)
1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
¼ cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter
1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips

Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray or butter.

In a large bowl mix the cereal and mini peanut butter cups, set aside. Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture, quickly stirring well to evenly coat the cereal. Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and evenly press into the pan.

In a small sauce pan melt the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips over low heat, stirring to combine.  Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture, spreading with a rubber spatula to cover.
Allow the topping to set, then cut and serve! (I needed this to hurry up, so I stuck it in the fridge for about 30 minutes - and hour, and it was set!!)

No comments: