Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pineapple Salsa

The hubs and I love salsa, and we love pineapple too!!!! So, I was soooo intrigued when I saw this recipe, and HAD to try it!!! It was so yummy!!!! We put it on top of some Chicken Taco's that I will post about next (which is what you use the remainder of the dressing for)!!!! So tasty. But, I totally could have eaten this salsa by the spoonful! Who's to blame me? It was THAT good!!!


Pineapple Salsa

submitted by Camille
(from Family Circle Magazine)

2 cups pineapple chunks, diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced

In medium bowl, combine pineapple, tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the dressing, reserving the rest of the dressing.

Dressing:
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro

In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, salt, and the pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until blended. Stir in cilantro.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

cant wait to try it out, I have had Pineapple Salsa from Trader Joes before and loved it!

Emmy said...

Oh I think I have had this once- it was so good! And yes, Michelle it was so awesome meeting you this past weekend!
And being sick and having sick kids totally excuses you from everything

Michelle said...

so I made this with dinner last night, so good! And now I cant stop snacking on it all day today!