Friday, August 5, 2011

Smoked Turkey Club Panini

I am a lover of Panini sandwiches. Have you ever been to the Corner Bakery Cafe...or Panera Bread? LOVE both of those places!!!!! Here is a FANTASTIC panini sandwich recipe. We had it for dinner, and then lunch again the next day : ) I told you I was a lover of the panini.

Smoked Turkey Club Panini

submitted by Camille

(from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)

*Makes 4 sandwiches

8-12 slices bacon
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, rinsed, patted dry and minced
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
8 slices thick-cut crusty bread
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli Swiss cheese
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
3 cups baby spinach or arugula

Cook bacon until crisp. You can use a skillet or use the microwave, placing the bacon in a single layer on a paper-towel lined plate, cover with paper towels and microwave for about 5 minutes (repeating the process if all the bacon doesn’t fit the first round). In a small bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes and mayonnaise.

Lightly spread butter over one side of each bread. Lay the butter-sides down on a cutting board or work area. Spread each slice with the sun-dried tomato mayonnaise. Layer half of the cheese on 4 slices of bread then top with turkey, bacon, spinach (or arugula) and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.

Cook the sandwiches on a panini press, skillet or grill pan heated on medium heat for one minute prior to cooking (I used my skillet, since I don't have a panini press, and it was just fine!!). Cook the sandwiches for about 4-5 minutes per side, until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.

No comments: