Meatballs are a big hit over here at my house. I usually make our fave Manhattan meatballs (which I didn't realize I have never posted on here. I will do that soon), but wanting to switch it up, but still wanting the whole fam to like the meal I searched around my fave recipe sites until I saw this one at My Kitchen Cafe. I tried it out and everyone loved it! Yay! It will now make it's regular rounds at the dinner table at our house.
FYI- I didn't use her meatball recipe, I just used the sauce. I used the meatball recipe from my Manhattan meatballs and just added her sweet and sour sauce. Or you could go an even easier route and buy frozen meatballs and just make the sauce to go with. Oh, and I double the sauce like she mentions to do if you like more sauce. Love it.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs(submitted by Michelle)
recipe from My Kitchen Cafe
Serves 4-6
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup quick oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form into about 12 balls, each about 2 inches in diameter. Place in a casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
Sauce:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat in a small saucepan until combined and sugar is dissolved and pour over meatballs. (This dish is not overly abundant on sauce so if you enjoy things a bit saucier, double the sauce ingredients.)

1 comment:
This one sounds good!!!
Post a Comment