Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet and Spicy Slow-Cooker Chicken

Now, I know this says slow-cooker, and I LOVE my slow-cooker, but I wasn't able to get around to make this until about 4pm, so I just made it in a pot on the stove. It still turned out divine!!! This dish is sooooo yummy!! We all ate them up!! Yummy, yum!! I used them to serve in taco's, but you could still use this chicken for other things (sandwiches, salad, over rice, etc.). Hope you enjoy them as much a we did!! I know this is going to become a regular at our house!!


Sweet and Spicy Slow-Cooker Chicken
submitted by Camille
(from My Kitchen Cafe)

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used 1/4 teaspoon)

Coat the inside of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, or until chicken shreds very easily with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Chicken will absorb liquid after it is shredded.) Serve in tacos or however your little heart desires.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

That looks sooo good! I'm going to have to try that- you're making me hungery :D