Monday, December 8, 2008

Favorite Hot Cocoa


This hot cocoa is very rich!! It so makes me want to sing the "Hot Chocolate" song from Polar Express whenever I drink it!!! Very yummy!! We also like to put some candy canes in it while it is still hot, and then you have a wonderful mint flavor in it!! Sooooo good!!!!

Favorite Hot Cocoa
submitted by Camille

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
dash salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in saucepan; stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir 2 minutes. Sit in milk and heat. DO NOT BOIL! Remove from heat; add vanilla.

2 comments:

Davianne said...

This blog is totally making me hungry. Could one of you come over to my house and make lots of yummy food?

Brynnie said...

I have been looking for a good cocoa recipe! But, I want to find one that works well with agave instead of sugar, so I will have to try this! Also, do either of you have a good recipe for gingerbread? The housemaking kind.