Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats

I don't usually like Rice Krispie Treats, but when I saw that these were called "Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats", that definitely caught my eye!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is my most favorite ice cream, so that is why I really wanted to try these. And you know what? They really did taste very close in flavor to Cookies and Cream Ice cream!!! 
They were super simple to make, and very few ingredients. My 7 year old son helped me make them. He has really caught the cooking bug lately, and loves to help me out in the kitchen!!! These were the perfect treat for him to help me with!!!!

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
submitted by Camille
from Glorious Treats

6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 regular oreos, crushed/chopped (about 2 1/2 cups crushed)
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 Tablespoons butter

Directions-
1.  Put rice krispies treats into a large bowl.  Spray a 9×13″ casserole dish or cake pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
2.  In a large plastic (ziplock type) bag, crush oreos (I used a rolling pin).  You want to have some crushed into small pieces, and some bite size chunks.  Add oreos to rice krispies and stir to combine.
3.  In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows together (about 3 minutes).  They will expand a LOT, so make sure your bowl is big enough.  When the marshmallows are puffy and mostly melted, carefully remove from microwave and stir to fully combine the butter, and make sure the marshmallows are fully melted.  (I did this over the stove as my microwave runs quite hot and I don't have luck with marshmallows in there!!!)
4.  Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.  As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish.  Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
5.  Allow to cool (about 20 minutes) before cutting into squares.  Eat and enjoy!
Yield- About 24 (2 inch) squares.

Storage- Keep covered with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container 2-3 days.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have seen a similar recipe and have been wanting to try it out. This one looks good as well!

Unknown said...

Hi, Camille. I've been trying to figure out a way to reconnect with you since you weren't on Facebook. Here's my email- sheena.delance@gmail.com
Maybe I could meet you for lunch one day. :) Btw, these treats look great