I made this DELICIOUS strawberry crisp about a week ago. I know I have mentioned many times how much I LOVE crisp's. And this strawberry crisp was a perfect summer treat!!! To me, crisp's are best served while warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM.
Is there anything that screams summer more then a yummy berry dessert?!?! Okay.....maybe s'mores do.....and ice cream.....and BBQ's.....and fresh watermelon.....but really, this was a fun treat on a summer night!!!!
Strawberry Crisp
submitted by Camille
adapted from Sugar and Spice
Filling:
•4-5 cups (this was about 2-2 1/2 lbs for me) strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
•1/2 cup sugar
Topping:
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•1/2 cup rolled oats (I have used all kinds of oats with my crisp's. I used quick oats this time, and it came out great!!)
•1/3 cup sugar
•1/3 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Directions:
1.Position
a rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Have
ready a greased 2.5 quart ceramic or glass pie dish or baking dish.
2. For the Filling: In a large bowl stir together the strawberries and sugar until well mixed. Pour into the baking dish, and set aside.
3. For the Topping:
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, sugars, cinnamon
and salt until well blended. Stir in the melted butter until evenly
moistened crumbs form. Spoon the crumb mixture over the filling.
4.
Bake the crisp until the juices are bubbling, and the topping is golden brown,
this was about 30-35 minutes for me. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes.
Serve warm.
Note:
The crisp can be cooled, covered with plastic wrap and stored at room
temperature for up to 2 days. Rewarm in a 250-degree F oven for 15
minutes before serving. Preferably with a substantial scoop of vanilla
ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment