Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I found these over on Pinterest, and have been wanting to make them. Fall is all about baking with Apples and Pumpkins!!!! YUM!!! Now, while I found THIS particular recipe over on Pinterest,I have seen it since on other blogs. All the recipes are pretty much the same, but I followed this one, and then tweaked it a little to make it to my liking, and what I had on hand. They were delicious!!!!




Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

submitted by Camille
(adapted from Dreamy Desserts)

3 cups Flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together brown sugar, white sugar, oil and pumpkin. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla. In a separate bowl, shift together the dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Place by the spoonful on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 11 minutes, and then cool on wire rack.

Cream Cheese Filling
1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 - 16 oz. package of powdered sugar
about a capful of vanilla extract
a pinch of cinnamon (to taste)

Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Frost flat side of half the pies and top with another piece.

Enjoy right away or chill a few hours or overnight.

2 comments:

Amber said...

HOW do you stay so skinny with all this yummy baking you are doing? I'm jealous. I have no self control when I bake. I keep eating it until it is ALL gone.

Amber said...

Darn it! I went to make these today and I have NO cream cheese....grrr...too lazy to go to the store. It will have to wait till next week.