Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Low-Fat Zesty Shrimp and Pasta

I am not a big fish eater. I do like salmon and shrimp, but that's about it. We all like shrimp here at our house, but since it can be pricey, we only get it when it's a really good sale!!!!! And this week it was on sale!!!! Here is a new, and yummy and fresh recipe I came across!! We all really liked it, even my 23month old who scarfed down 2 HELPINGS!!!!!! I love seeing my kids like healthy meals!!!!



Low-Fat Zesty Shrimp and Pasta

submitted by Camille
(adapted from Kraft Foods)

9 oz cooked pasta (I used whole wheat linguine)
1 lb cleaned large shrimp (21-30 count)
3/4 cup Fat free Zesty Italian dressing
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook and stir shrimp in 1/2 cup on the dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat for about 2 min. Add onions, artichokes and parsley. Continue cooking until shrimp turns pink and veggies are tender, stirring frequently.
Toss with hot cooked pasta and remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I actually have this one saved in my recipe files to make. So glad to hear that it is a good one! :)