Saturday, May 14, 2011

Smore's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know, right?! Simply crazy, but seriously one of the BEST cookies I have EVER had!!! Let me just tell you, these cookies are HUGE!!! One cookie is about the size of a salad plate!!!! You know what is funny about me? I can't stand marshmallows...think they are disgusting. BUT....I absolutely LOVE Smore's!!!!! Crazy, right? So, I had to try these when I spotted them over at Picky Palate!!! My kids loved helping me make these, and they were even more fun to eat!!!! YUM!!!!!


Smore's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
submitted by Camille
(from Picky Palate)

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon vanilla

3 1/2 Cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

24 graham cracker quarters or 12 full sheets separated at perforations

3 Hershey Bars, broken into rows of 3 bars

12 large marshmallows cut in half lengthwise

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.

3. Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.

4. Layer a graham cracker quarter with 3 Hershey chocolate squares and 2 marshmallow halves. Close with another graham cracker. Top s’more with a large scoop of cookie dough. Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed. Form dough around s’mores. Will get messy, but stick with it, it does not have to be perfect. S’mores will move around but it’s no big deal. Place large cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or serving plate.

Makes 12 large stuffed cookies.





1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those look and sound so amazing! I love smores! I cant wait to try them.