Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Sorry there haven't been any new post in awhile!!! Just been really busy trying to get back to a schedule after the Holidays!! Oh yeah, and if you are wondering why my sister, Michelle, hasn't posted in awhile, she had a baby 4 weeks ago :) So, she hasn't done much creative cooking I'm sure, seeing as it is her 4th baby!!!
Anyway, here is a good, EASY recipe. We all loved this, and it was perfect for the very cold day we had that day!!!! Oh yeah, and since it makes alot, I ended up freezing it, and we had it again for dinner about 2 weeks later. Don't you just love doing that? I sure do!!!!



Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
submitted by Camille
(from The Sister's Cafe)

4 chicken breast halves (I've used 3 big ones and had it turn out great)
2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
2 15-oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 cup MEDIUM salsa (not mild)
1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
1 14 ½-oz can tomato sauce
Tortilla chips, not optional :)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice or shred into bite-sized pieces. Stir into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual soup bowl. Ladle soup over chips. Top with cheese.

No comments: